Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Mother Came to India

Two days after Fiona left my mother arrived. It was of course sad that Fiona left, but I hope she will enjoy New Zealand where she probably will learn lots about farming. My mother came morning on the 17th of November and the neighbouring family gave her breakfast and chai. After that we walked around in Kullu as she had been sitting for a few days now. In the afternoon she came to Kelheli with us and she helped me keep the boys calm when I was teaching First Aid. Since I had the youngest group (age 7-9) language barrier is quite the problem. But they now know the different topics we are going to talk about, and they know how to get protect themselves when helping someone with an electricity burn. How to treat it etc. will be next time’s task. It took us a good 45 minutes or so and then we were all tired of the massive focus of concentration it took us to convey the message that if you touch a person who is in connection with electricity, you as well will react to the electricity + how to get the danger away from the person without being burned.

On Wednesday we walked more around in Kullu and my mother got me a goose feather jacket for the trek before we went to the drug rehab centre. There we had a productive meeting on how to get the session better, and then we had the session. It was really fun and the men seemed to enjoy it greatly. I have decided, however, that I will not be continuing there. Kitty and Eloise will though, which is good because the men truly seem to enjoy that we come.

In the evening my mother and I went to Valentino’s to eat and we had bruchetta, pizza, 2 jasmine teas each and apple pie. It was really nice. Oh, I almost forgot that we had a massage as well. A self-taught lady gave it, but I must admit it did hurt a lot and for the future I will use one that isn’t self-taught. Not that it was bad, just that if you get wrong type of massage it could give you more stress than energy apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment