Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Kelheli Skit

Coming back from quite the excited weekend with Manikaran and paragliding, we are met with a challenge at Kelheli. We are asked to make an educational skit for the boys to perform at an all state orphanage competition that were to take place in Shimla 12th of November. We had about 2 weeks on us before the 12th of November so we were a bit taken aback, but we said that by Sunday we would have a script ready. We brainstormed and brainstormed. All of us came with ideas of skits. Some completely new some with inspiration from TV shows (especially Team Antonsen, a Norwegian TV show). In the end Fiona and Kitty came up with one that we adjusted it a bit here and there. If I may say so myself; we made a really good skit about Global Warming.



We divided so that Eloise, Kitty and Fiona would teach the skit to the boys participating, whilst Alf, Aslak and I would have games with the rest. It was really fun, because when we came back from the trek (with my mother!) the boys told us that the skit had gotten 2nd place out of 400 something participants, and they were the only ones to have it in English. They also performed a dance and a song, and they got first place with their dance. I will try and upload a video I have of it and the skit. I must warn though; I am not the best person to record videos! The dance is a traditional Kullu folk dance and half of the boys are dressed up as girls. It's great fun and a good dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment