Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 4

Today Kitty is the one who is ill. I feel really bad for her because she has fever and everything. So Eloise, Fiona and I went up to the blind school because they are singing for some important man who is coming to Kullu. Afterwards we went to get something to eat which was really good bacuse I was hungry. But unfortunately my stomach didn’t like what I ate that much. Probably shouldn’t have had that banana milkshake… Stupid me. But it went all right.
Then, since today was the last day of the festival of the gods, we went to see all the gods gather at the fair before they would go back to wherever they came from. It was really crowded, and apparently one the gods come running at you, you have to move because people are apparently really scared of them. And that was so insane, because we were standing in the middle of this huge crowd, suddenly a god comes running and we just have to run to the side and try to stick together so that we don’t lose each other. It was a lot of fun, but a bit tiring as well. There are always a lot of people everywhere in India, and never silent.
Unfortunately I didn’t get to take any pictures, but the gods where colourful sculptures carried around by local people. They did not control the god, because it had a spirit of its own. So wherever the god wanted to go, the ones carrying it were forced to follow.
Back at our place we started watching The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, but stopped in the middle of it because we were invited for dinner at the neighbouring family again. The food was so good; Eloise, Kitty and I realized we need to learn Indian cooking. When we got back again we finished the movie before going to bed. And for tomorrow we invited the girls to come over to watch a movie and eat some pasta with us. I think it will be a lot of fun. But first, at 14.00 Fiona, Eloise, Kitty and I are going to the blind school.

No comments:

Post a Comment