Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 1



After arriving I get tea and Kitty and Eloise are pretty tired as well, so we sleep for a bit. We live in a flat that has one bedroom, a living room, a kitchen and a bathroom. The bedroom has a double bed so Kitty and Eloise shares that one, the living room as a bed, a dining table with room for 4 people and a small table. The kitchen has a gas stove and a small cupboard. Now, the interesting part; the bathroom. I expected it to only be a whole in the ground, but there’s actually a western toilet there. Only that it doesn’t work. There is a whole in the ground, but it looks like a toilet. Check out the picture and you’ll see what I mean. There is no shower, but we have loads of buckets with water in there. We were also thinking of making a shower, all we need is two buckets and a hose.


















Our dinner this day was with Ankit. We had pizza at a place just around the corner. It was so good because their spices gave such a nice taste to it (not the spicy ones though). Ankit was really nice, I was so surprised because I imagined him to be an old man close to 60 or something, but he was actually 32 and quite fresh.


But we need some facts about Kullu; it is the valley of gods and has 365 different gods. At the moment the festival of gods are on and it’s ending on Sunday. Because of this there’s a show every evening and Fiona took us to one this evening. There were lots of Hindu songs and dances. The dances were really nice, some of them a bit ridiculous, but most of them cool. It was nice to see some traditional ones as well. After a while it got a bit tiresome, it lasted for a really long time. But then, to shake things up a Russian group had come to perform. That was insanely awesome, they dances ballet, but in a fast tempo, almost circus like. It was fun to see, but when the Russians were done we were tired and decided to leave.



My bed is right next to the door, so I was a bit scared because there are so many sounds, and loud sounds, in India. Every minute I thought someone were breaking an entry or something. But fortunately I had my ear plugs and suddenly I was really tired and I thought I was back home at the countryside where the only sound is coming from the neighbour’s sheep.

2 comments:

  1. ikke glem tranene;) meget behagelig natta-lyder...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, det er sant! men de var jo ikke der i sommer da... mamma kommer om ca 1 time!

    ReplyDelete