Wednesday, January 13, 2010

...and a happy new year!

New Years Eve 2009 was celebrated with lunch at Riverside restaurant, then in the evening Trine and Aslak left for Delhi since Trine had her flight the next night. Seeing as Aslak had lost his phone I sent mine with him, you really shouldn’t go to Delhi without a phone. At 23.00, Indian time, I went to the only ISD (international phone calls) booth open at this time of the night. It was in a very dark street about 10 minutes away from my flat, but the only one I met except the shop keeper was a cow. I call my friends whom I was supposed to celebrate with and it was the best phone call I have ever made. These last days I’ve been quite homesick, so that phone call cheered me up a lot. There were about 3 fireworks at 12, but I don’t think they qualify to be called fireworks. A very boring evening, however, that phone call made New Years Eve perfect for me. Sounds lame? Well, keep in mind I was celebrating alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment